KSE Important Dates
- 10/21-25: Conference Week/early release, 12:20pm
- 10/27: KSE Fall Festival, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- 10/28-11/1: Red Ribbon Week
- 11/7: PTA Mtg/Melody Makers perform, 6:30 p.m.
King Springs Fall Festival THIS SUNDAY,
October 27, from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
King Springs Fall Festival is this SUNDAY! It will be an afternoon of food, fun, games, jumpies & slides, and a petting zoo. Yes, a petting zoo! Our local sponsors and businesses will be there to provide food to fill your tummies. Snacks available for purchase will include barbecue sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, and roasted corn. Let’s not forget about sweets! We will have fun ice cream treats, Hawaiian ice treats, cupcakes, cookies, and popcorn.
- We are also having a raffle and one lucky student can throw a pie in Ms. Keeney’s face!
- The winner of the Estimation Game gets to have lunch with Ms. Keeney.
- You won’t want to miss special guest appearances in the entertainment tent by the Melody Makers and Coach Lavender and his band!
Please volunteer for a shift at the Fall Festival via VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/1m9w9N All your help is greatly appreciated!
FF PRESALE: Presale forms were sent home Monday and will be accepted through Friday morning, October 25. The presale order form, King Springs Cook-Off forms, and donations memo are posted on the PTA website www.kingspringspta.org under forms at “Parent Resources.”
FF Donations request: A donation request email was sent out to parents via room parents. Please help out by sending in craft items for pumpkin decorating, prizes/wrapped candy for games and also individually wrapped baked good donations for cake walk. Crafts donations and prizes/wrapped candy drop offs have already begun. There are tubs in the conference room next to the clinic. Please drop off baked goods on Friday to the same conference room.
FF Bake off competition: We are excited to host the second annual KSE PTA bake off! Entry forms are being distributed by room parents via email. Please drop off your award worthy goodies Sunda,y October 27, the morning of the event, between 10:00-12:00. Please provide a label of the name of your cake/confection and also label your plate/pan (underneath) with your name/teacher. Our King Springs family will be our judges for the bake-off competition. For one ticket each, they will taste the goodies entered in the competition and vote for their favorites. Bake-off winners will be announced at the event.
FF PARKING: THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AT KING SPRINGS. All activities are outside. Parking is available at GRIFFIN MIDDLE SCHOOL. PLEASE PARK ONLY IN DESIGNATED PARKING SPOTS. DO NOT BLOCK THE ROADS to make your own parking places.
Red Ribbon Week
KSE will celebrate Red Ribbon/Drug-Free Awareness Week October 28-November 1. The purpose of this week is to educate our children about the dangers of using tobacco, misusing medications, and abusing alcohol or drugs. This year’s theme is “A Healthy Me is Drug Free!” There will be lots of great prizes for students and classes with the most participation!
- Monday: “I Have Better Things to Do Than Drugs.” Participants should wear what they do in their free time. Examples include scout uniform, club shirt/mascot, musical note on shirt, their team jersey.
- Tuesday: “Don’t Be A Sucker. Don’t Use Drugs!” We’re asking students to write one to two sentences or draw a picture about what they have learned about being drug-free.
- Wednesday: “Sock it to Drugs.” Participants should wear silly or mismatched socks.
- Thursday (Halloween): “Heroes are Drug Free.” Participants should wear red shirts or dress as a hero.
- Friday: “King Springs Teams Up Against Drugs.” Participants should wear their favorite college or pro jersey/shirt/hat or a KSE shirt.
Thank you for helping us spread this important message to our kids!
Show your KSE pride! If you missed your chance to purchase Spirit Wear, now’s your chance to order. Cool weather is coming and you will want long sleeve shirts or customized sweatshirts to wear. Print the order form online at: http://www.kingspringspta.org/
Orders are due Monday, October 28. Return your order form and money to your homeroom teacher. If you have any questions, please contact Jill Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KSE Student Council
Student Council is now underway! We have a representative and alternate from all homerooms in grades 2nd-5th. Our first meeting was October 1 and we will continue to meet the first Tuesday of each month.
Our main goals for the year are a community service project, a fundraiser for a charity (philanthropy project), and a citizenship education project. Student Council chose to focus on Earth day in April for our citizenship education project. The representatives will be asking for input from their classmates on the community service and charity projects. We can’t wait to get started!
2013-14 KSE Student Council:
- Ackerman: Nate Prowse
- Baer: Claire Fuller/Skye Hardy (alternate)
- Delk: Chloe Bennett/Faith Hambrick (alternate)
- Goodman: Chase McCravy/Stella Powell (alternate)
- Smith: Caleb Breban/Lily Tidwell (alternate)
- Vieras: Abel Lipscomb/Finn Martin (alternate)
- Atkins: Kaylyn Nelson/Ben Ward (alternate)
- Carberry: Samantha Smith/Matthew Muzii (alternate)
- Manning: Lauren Kidd/David Friend (alternate)
- Perkins: Claire Watson/Jay Walker (alternate)
- Rozier: Reese Fabritius/Dylan Wise (alternate)
- Wilfred: Etta Rockman/Hayley Baron (alternate)
- Anderson: Samuel Ruzzene/Skyler Galper (alternate)
- Gottschalk: Lauryn Wright/Ethan Fuller (alternate)
- Mathews: Sana Lodin/Mackenzy Sloan (alternate)
- McKevitt: Jacob Grantham/Caleb Felix (alternate)
- Powell: Emmy Pickard/Peyton Hunter (alternate)
- Arthur: Danielle Wright/Matthew Servin (alternate)
- Calvin-Thomas: Kaitlin Ducksworth/David Lomax (alternate)
- Riggins: Sylvia Rockman/Ella Kroll (alternate)
- Toomer: Riley Gagne/Jimmy Cyganek (alternate)
Support the Pride Update
We are excited to announce that we have raised $28,491! This amount does NOT include company matching. It is truly amazing what a school can do when it comes together to make a difference. Thank you to everyone who donated.
Over the year, you will see a lot of great programs that the PTA supports both financially and with volunteer efforts. We will continue to generate additional funds by selling Spirit Wear and yearbooks, and by hosting the Fall Festival, Spring Fling, and the Golf Tournament. The additional funds will be applied to our wish list items like STEM technology for the classrooms.
We delivered the last round of Spirit Wear packages on Wednesday, October 16. A tax receipt was placed inside of the water bottle. If you qualify for a sweatshirt, the deadline to place your order is October 21. You should receive a confirmation email.
Even though the official fundraiser is over, we still accept donations throughout the year. If you are interested in supporting the Pride, please make your check payable to King Springs PTA and drop it in the PTA lock box located on the kindergarten hall.
KSE PTA is a 501 (c)(3) organization, all donations are tax deductible and go right to KSE.
Mrs. Wilfred’s 3rd grade class won the Sky Zone party! Way to go, Mrs. Wilfred’s class, for having the highest participation at 76%. First grade had the highest grade level participation and will have an ice cream social during recess within the next month.
We would like to extend a special thanks to the Support the Pride fundraising committee: Noelle Galper, Andrea Freeman, Holly Watson, Erin Messer, Jodi Rutigliano, and Kara Gold. Thanks for helping us raise a few dollars!
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Thank you again for supporting the Pride and letting us HEAR YOU ROAR!
Ghoul Time at Twisted Taco! Wednesday. October 30, 4:00- 9:00 p.m. Halloween film and fun! $.99 Kids Meal with every adult purchase, special Halloween activities!